Policies and Procedures
Once your Policies are developed, remember to load them onto your preschool’s website so that your parents can access them without you incurring tremendous printing costs. Also have them available in a file in the office.
There are several reasons why preschools need Policies:
- Establishing standards of conduct and ethics for your preschool ensures that your establishment will be the best that it can be.
- So that your preschool runs smoothly and everybody associated with it, management, staff and parents, have a clear idea of how things work at school.
- To build an early foundation of knowledge and skills in all the ECD Developmental Areas by providing stimulating opportunities for children to grow and learn in a safe, caring preschool environment.
- So that new members of staff are familiar with how things work in your school very soon after the start of their employment with you.
- To provide practical support to your staff.
- To make sure that your preschool supports the needs of every individual child, and member of staff.
- So that you know that your school operates at optimum efficiency and safety.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships and communication with families.
The Policy documents are very long and the reason is that we put all our ideas and knowledge into the document in order to give you things to think about and new/different concepts that you might want to implement into your school. As always, add items to the Policy and delete the ones you don’t want or need.
You will notice that at the end of the Policy, there is a Methodology. This section of the document is to familiarise your staff with exactly how your processes and procedures work, and how to do them. It is useful in all ways, but especially for people, like the Aftercare Supervisor, who will now know what to do if you are not in the office at the minute.
We wish you deep thinking, and joy, in the writing of your brand new Policies!
Onwards and upwards!
Click through to the Policy downloads page – subscribers only