Employment – Welcome to the world of managing staff…and may the force be with you!
Sourcing quality staff is the first task, and once you have them, you need to keep them happy and productive. A satisfied workforce gives you a stronger school. Remember that people who work with small children are very special, sensitive people who need to feel cared for and protected in order to perform well.
1. Communicate! Communicate! Communicate!
2. Respect for each other is critically important.
3. Have systems in place – make sure your documentation and processes are above board and will protect both the school and it’s employees;
4. Always maintain your employees rights.
5. Don’t deviate from labour procedures. There are no short-cuts.
6. Know the facts – South African labour practices are liable to change and disgruntled employees can cause financial havoc. It’s important to protect your school.
The Tools for School Employment Contract will be updated every year
Available to subscribers immediately, otherwise email me for a low-cost subscription
- Electronic and Social Media Policy
- SACE CPTD Brochure (ongoing professional development programme)
- SACE CPTD Management Sign-Up Manual
- SACE Code of Professional Ethics
- SACE Application Form
- SACE Registration Brochure